DAY 1: SAI GON - BEN TRE - VINH LONG HOMESTAY ( L,D )
Pick up at your hotel in Saigon then take about two hours drive to Ben Tre. On arrival at Hung Vuong pier - the boat will cruise along the Ham Luong river (a branch of the Mekong) and stop off at various local workplaces to give you a picture of how the local economy works, including a brick-kiln, where bricks are still painstakingly made by hand; a coconut processing workshop, where you can sample fresh coconut and see how every single part of this versatile nut is turned into food and other products; and a mat weaving house, where straw mats are woven using a hand loom – you can even have a go at weaving yourself!
You will then hop onto a bicycle for a 15 km fun ride through the quiet and beauty country lane with some difference kinds of gardens such as coconuts; cassaba melon; cucumber; colocynth along the roadside to Mr Khanh’s ancient house where you can contemplate a antiques pottery collection. Then get back on your bike and cycle to visite rice field. Stop at riverside restaurant for a delicious and filling lunch, featuring such local specialties as elephant-ear fish and river shrimp, washed down with some cold drinks or beers. After lunch, it’s time to board on a rowing boat for a relaxing trip along narrow canals. Back to Hung Vuong Pier, then a last stop of your tour today is Vinh Trang Pagoda before driving to Vinh Long, check in authentic local family house then join in Vietnamese cooking dinner with local people
DAY 2: VINH LONG drive to CAIBE, BASSAC CRUISE from CAIBE to TRA ON ( B,L,D )
Breakfast at home-stay then free time for leisure. There are some things you can do during your free-time such as walking or ride a bike around to discover the village by yourself, take a rest on hammock and reading. Check out your home-stay at 10:30am and transfer back to the town of Vinh Long by shuttle boat then take about 1 hour drive to Caibe.
Boarding at Cai Be at noon. Welcome drink, Introduction to the ship and crew, check into the cabins.
• Departure towards Cho Lach on the Tien Giang river.
• Lunch while on route. Rest on the deck.
• The Bassac slips into the Ch Lách canal, in the middle of the hustle and bustle of the river ợ traffic, between markets and churches, a unique opportunity for a glimpse of the very varied life on the banks as well as on the water.
• Visit of a village on the banks of river Mang Thit, an opportunity to appreciate the way of life and hospitality of the local inhabitants. Visit of the orchard or rice fields nearby.
• Boarding back, complimentary drink as a welcome back on board. Rest on the deck enjoying the sunset. The crew will serve dinner while the Bassac is cruising Mang Thit river.
• The Bassac sets anchor just downstream from the little Tra On floating market, for the night
DAY 3: TRA ON - CAN THO - SAI GON ( B )
• You may get up for breakfast as early as 06:30, as the ship is resuming its cruise the Tra On floating market. The ship then departs towards Can Tho.
• Arrival in Cai Rang floating market, check out and transfer onto a local boat to visit the floating market, then a noodle factory and return to the Ninh Kieu pier.
•Meet your car and driver then transfer to hotel in Saigon. Drop off at your hotel around 4pm. End of tour.
Price in USD for one person
||4 - 8 person
|Mekong Eyes Cruise
|Le Cochinchine Cruise
- 1 night in Homestay at Vinh Long
- 1 night on Bassac Cruise ( or Mekong Eyes Cruise / Le Cochinchine Cruiser )
- Private land transportation
- Boat trips
- Entrance fees
- English Speaking Guide ( other languages on request )
- Meals as mentioned in program ( B: breakfast, L: lunch, D: dinner )
- Drink, Insurance, Personal expenses, Tip.
- Others not mentioned
- Single supplement