The Bassac are three boats sharing the same standards and mostly differing in size. They are made of wood according to tradition while respecting the best standards, all cabins have a private bathroom, and are air-conned, sound-proofed, heat insulated, and fitted with fire detection. They offer several different living areas each, including a common room that can be completely opened, a rear upper deck suitable for dinner and a front sundeck
DAY 1: SAI GON - CAI BE - TRA ON ( L,D )
- 8:00 Am pick up at your hotel in Saigon, transfer to Caibe
- Boarding at Cai Be at noon. Welcome drink, Introduction to the ship and crew, check into the cabins.
- Departure towards Cho Lach on the Tien Giang river.
- Lunch while on route. Rest on the deck.
- The Bassac slip into Cho Lach canal, in the middle of the hustle and bustle of the reiver traffic, between markets and churches, a unique opportunity for a glimpse of the very varied life on the banks as well as on the water
- Visit of a village on the banks of river Mang Thit, an opportunity to appreciate the way of life and hospitality of the local inhabitants. Visit of the orchard or rice fields nearby.
- Boarding back, complimentary drink as a welcome back on board. Rest on the deck enjoying the sunset. The crew will serve dinner while the Bassac is cruising Mang Thit river.
- The Bassac sets anchor just downstream from the little Tra On floating market, for the night
DAY 2: TRA ON - CAN THO ( B,L,D )
- You may get up for breakfast as early as 06:30, as the ship is resuming its cruise the Tra On floating market. The ship then departs towards Can Tho
- Arrival in Cai Rang floating market, transfer onto a local boat to visit the floating market, the nearby arroyos and gardens and return to the Ninh Kieu pier by mid-morning.
- Boarding back at Ninh Kieu pier. Welcome drink. Departure upstream of the Hau river. Lunch on board while en route.
- Upon arrival at Thot Not, transfer on the longboat to take some walks at the bamboo village in Thot Not.
- Boarding back at dusk, rest on the deck for the sunset while taking somes drinks at the bar.
- The dinner is served on board. The Bassac takes the way back to Can Tho and casts anchor near Can Tho for the night.
DAY 3: CAN THO – SAI GON ( B )
- Breakfast is available from 06:30, while the ship is cruising towards Can Tho city.
- Arrival in Cai Rang floating market, check out and transfer onto a local boat to visit the floating market, the nearby arroyos and gardens and return to the Ninh Kieu pier.
- Arrival at Ninh Kieu, Can Tho, late morning.
- Then you, transfer to hotel in Saigon. Drop off at your hotel. End of tour