Le Cochinchine is a modern and tastefully designed river barge. Built in traditional style Le Cochinchine measures around 30 meters long from bow to stern and has two 420 HP engines , one in back up, making Le Cochinchine a very powerful and safe river vessel. Le Cochinchine offers an elegant, relaxing and fulfilling ways to explore endless water way of Mekong River. The cruise brings us into contact with people in different corner of the Delta . With Le Cochinchine, you will have ample opportunity to see Vietnam in its authenticity and sample local culture and food, in a one unpacking, unforgettable vacation where your "floating hotel" get you insight into Mekong Delta and quaint villages. Aboard Le Cochinchine you will enjoy the continuous and ever-changing scenery as you encounter a lively world of legendary waterways and picturesque landscapes, floating markets, lush bonsais garden, rice fields, villages, pagodas and temples, fruit-filled orchards, boat laden bazaar and a host of smiling children
DAY 1: SAIGON - CAIBE - SADEC ( L,D )
- 8:30 am – departure from your hotel in Saigon to Cai Be by private car or van
- 11.00-11h30 boarding LE COCHINCHINE boat. Enjoy welcome drink.
- LeCochinchine continues sets sails to Caithia while lunch is served on boat.
- Embark on a lovely cycling excursion on the bank of the peninsula browsing several verdant villages. Visit of the gardens and orchards, local houses and ample opportunity meet with people and get insight into Delta life . Visit Caodai temple on the way to Mythuan.
- Continue our cruise toward Sadec, a nice and quiet town overlooking Mekong river
- Visit the lively Sadec food market and primary school headed by Magueritte Duras.
- Walks along the village path and get yourself acquaintance with rural activities as farmers farm their fields: rice fields, and vegetable farms, fish farms.
- Back to our boat for a cruise down stream. Relax on boat while sipping an aperitif .
- Dinner and overnight on board
DAY 2: CAITHIA - VINHLONG - TRAON ( B,L,D )
- Breakfast on board on the Mekong.
- Visit Binh Hoa Phuoc island and go for walk walk through the islets, sampling native fruits viewing local handicraft production and meet the local people.
- Transfer to a local boat for an extensive visit of Cai Be: the floating market, the mazes of waterway , local pop-rice and sweets production.
- Visit of old houses, delightful flower gardens and local coconut candy and rice paper manufacturers.
- LeCochinchine continues its cruise to Cochien. Lunch served on board
- Embark on a pleasant walk on the footpaths of the countryside to discover tropical fruit orchards and the local people's activities. Visit a cottage industry , a local farm and sample seasonal fruits.
- Boarding back, complimentary drink as a welcome back on board. Open bar and rest on the deck enjoying the sunset. The crew will serve dinner while the Le Cochinchine is cruising Mang Thit river.
- Dinner and night on board
DAY 3: TRAON - CAN THO - SAIGON
- Breakfast on board
- The morning bobbling commotion of Mekong river life comes to life for another lovely day our boat set sails to Cantho through tributary and canals.
- Transfer to Cairang: one of the most bustling floating markets in Mekong. We go for a walk along the canals and the palm-shaded creek to see local houses and green orchards, ship building yards, rural and water activities in full swing.
- Boarding back at noon, with a welcome-back drink.
- 11 h00 Disembark in Cantho. The cruise concludes
- Back to your hotel in Saigon by private car or van. End of tour