THE TUNNELS OF CUCHI
Explore one of the most ferocious aspects in Vietnam history by taking a “back-to-the-past” trip to the infamous tunnels, which played an extremely important role in Vietnamese’s triumphant resistance against the American’s unyielding attacks.
You will learn how Viet Cong soldiers lived and coped with the difficulties presented, and how the tunnels had been so-cleverly built and been able to withstand numerous raids and assaults, despite the American’s ever-growing efforts to bring them down.
- Pickup time: 8:30 - 9:00am - at your hotel in Saigon
- Kick start our day with a pleasant drive (60km) through the beautiful country dotted with paddy fields and rubber plantations.
- You are going to visit a massive underground network located near by the area once called "Iron Triangle" and was the termination of the Ho Chi Minh Trail. The tunnels were designed by local guerrillas as a “springboard for attacking Saigon.” The tunnels were used by Viet Cong guerrillas as hiding spots during combat, as well as serving as communication and supply routes, hospitals, food and weapon caches and living quarters for numerous guerrilla fighters. The role of the tunnel systems was so important to the Viet Cong in resisting American operations and protracting the war, and eventually persuading the weary Americans into withdrawal.
- After spending 2 hours at the tunnels for a short war documentary film, seeing other relevant displays, and getting through a short stage of the tunnels (optional), we will head off for Saigon (65km or 1.5 hours)
- Drop-off: 2pm - 2:30pm at your hotel in Saigon where our service ends
DAILY GROUP TOUR
( INCLUDING: AC BUS, ENGLISH SPEAKING GUIDE, TUNNEL ENTRANCE FEE )
Notice: People with any heart-complications or claustrophobia should not go through the tunnels. Going down and have some photos taken should be fine. Also, visitors can fire some old types of rifle at Cu Chi shooting range